Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sweet Treats Projects


I love this cartridge! It's so cute, and I love all the layers to both the images and the phrases. The scalloped circle and circle are both from Mini Monograms, cut at 13 inches. I cut them both whole because I wasn't sure how I was going to use them, but I love that if you only need half of an image you can use the Gypsy or Design Studio and place the image off the mat to save paper. The title is from Sweet Treats, with all layers (shadow, base and three different word layers) cut at 3 inches. The cupcake is also from Sweet Treats, with all layers (shadow, base, two layers of the wrapper and the frosting swirl) cut at 4 inches. The number 6 candle is from Sweet Treats too, with all layers (base, number and two layers of flame) cut at 2 inches. I used Scribbles puff paint on the frosting swirl to give it some dimension. Another fun detail is that I attached the cupcake at the top with a brad so it can swing from side to side, and I hid my journaling underneath. The printed paper is from Imaginisce's Sweet Cheri line.



This card is for a co-worker's birthday in December. The card is kind of a strange size, 3.75 inches by 8.5 inches. It was from a package of premade blank cards and envelopes from Joann's. The party hat is from Sweet Treats, with all the layers cut at 6 inches. The "happy birthday" phrase is from Create a Critter, cut at 1.75 inches. The striped paper is from We R Memory Keepers, and the white faux stitching around the circles was drawn with a white Uniball Signo pen.

1 comment:

  1. The scalloped circle and circle are both from Mini Monograms, cut at 13 inches. I cut them both whole because I wasn't sure how I was flame cut profiles going to use them, but I love that if you only need half of an image you can use the Gypsy or Design Studio and place the image off the mat to save paper.

    ReplyDelete